This settlement for a spine injury to our client caused by a collision in Lewisville, TX was $205,000. He was suffering from pre-existing disc bulges.
Our client was driving his SUV northbound in the right lane of 300 Denton Tap Road in Lewisville, Texas. The at-fault motorist was on the job operating a pickup truck. He was distracted and failed to timely apply his brakes and rear-ended our client.
Comments from Attorney Shane Mullen: An MRI of our client’s lumbar spine demonstrated primarily degenerative findings. He had multiple diffuse disc bulges and an osteophyte complex. He was in significant pain and discomfort. It was readily apparent that the commercial truck wreck had caused his previously asymptomatic degenerative disc disease to become symptomatic.
Remember: You do not have to suffer a “new” injury to be entitled to damages if injured in a car wreck. In Texas, you are also entitled to compensatory damages if you experience an aggravation of a pre-existing condition. It is not at all uncommon for clients to learn they have degenerative disc disease only after an automobile accident, since many people do not experience any symptoms from the condition and thus have never before been diagnosed.
Our client required multiple lumbar epidural steroid injections in order to cool down the inflammation in his lumbar spine. Thankfully the injections provided him significant pain relief.
Mullen & Mullen Law Firm is fortunate to have a licensed Texas adjuster, Josh Banks, on staff. Josh has worked for several major insurance carriers and brings a unique perspective to our cases since he is intimately familiar with how insurance companies evaluate personal injury claims. Josh assisted me on this case and I am exceedingly proud of the result we were able to obtain for this client.
The settlement for this claim involving a Spine injury as a result of an automobile collision in Lewisville, TX was $205,000. Attorney fees were $57,400. Case expenses were $697.74. After paying medical providers, the client’s net recovery was $89,611.26.
Request Your Free Consultation Now
Mullen & Mullen Law Firm
1825 Market Center Blvd #200
Dallas, TX 75207
Seriously Hurt? We’ll Come to You!
More Case Studies About Spine Injury Settlements
- $962,500 settlement for neck injury in Dallas, TX
- $932,500 settlement for Dallas client with spine injury
- $907,500 settlement for construction worker with spine injury
- $787,500 settlement for client with neck related spinal injuries in Quanah, TX
- $350,000 settlement for Dallas client with a lumbar annular fissure
- $142,217.39 settlement for injury to cervical disc in Denton, TX
- $100k settlement for injury to lumbar cervical disc in Plano, TX
- $85,500 settlement for injury to lumbar disc in Fort Worth, TX
- $70,000 settlement for lumbar disc bulge aggravation in Plano, TX
- $65,500 settlement for injury to lumbar disc and a concussion in Melissa, TX
- $60,425.18 settlement for injuries to lumbar disc in Coppell, TX
- $60,000 settlement for injury to cervical disc in Arlington, TX
- $52,500 settlement for injury to cervical disc in Farmers Branch TX
- $47,475 settlement for injury to cervical disc in Grapevine, TX
- $45,500 settlement for injury to lumbar disc in Burleson, TX
Joseph R. Morrison is the Senior Associate Attorney at Mullen & Mullen Law Firm in Dallas, TX, where he represents people personally injured due to the negligence of others. He was recognized by VerdictSearch for obtaining a Top 5 Premises Liability verdict in the State of Texas, and has been quoted in the ABA Journal.