Senior Associate Attorney, Joseph R. Morrison, served as counsel of record in a Texas “Top 5” Premises Liability case according to VerdictSearch. The case was against Conagra Foods – a 7 billion dollar per year company. Joe is a member of both the Million and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums and has assisted many clients in obtaining million dollar and/or multi-million dollar settlements. Mr. Morrison has 17 years of experience.
- Supreme Court of Texas (2005)
- State Bar of Texas (2005) Bar Card Number: 24049669
- United States District Court Northern District of Texas (2010)
- State Bar of Missouri (2015)
- Dallas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- Million and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums
Verdicts & Settlements
- Jeffrey Young v. ConAgra Foods, Inc.: 5th Largest Premises Liability Verdict of 2012 in State of Texas.
- John Douglas v. Cameron 1992, LTD. and Texas Blind Company, Inc.: Confidential Settlement More Than 20X Pre-Suit Offer.
- Caro Williams and Gertrude Sommers v. Jose Leos: Nearly $40,000 in Damages Awarded (Soft Tissue Injuries).
- Minor Passenger v. Car Driver: Motor Vehicle Accident, Personal Injury, Negligent Tort $2,050,000.00. This personal injury case was the 4th largest car accident settlement of 2019 in Texas according to Verdict Search.
- BBA Entrepreneurship: Baylor University (2001)
- Juris Doctorate: University of Arkansas School of Law (2004)
Joseph received his undergraduate degree (B.B.A.) in Entrepreneurship from Baylor University. He is a third generation Bear. At Baylor he was enrolled in the Honors Program, a member of Tau Kappa Epsilon, and graduated in just three years.
Mr. Morrison obtained his Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. After obtaining his law degree he moved back to Dallas and began his legal career by helping disabled Texans receive Social Security Disability benefits.
Joseph later turned his attention to representing injured victims. He was the founding partner of McKey, Morrison & Sanchez, P.C. – a boutique litigation practice that filed hundreds of lawsuits under his supervision. The firm was recognized by VerdictSearch in 2012 for obtaining the 5th largest Premises Liability verdict in the State of Texas in a case styled Jeffrey Young v. ConAgra Foods, Inc. Mr. Morrison has been quoted in the ABA Journal.
In his free time Joseph enjoys brewing craft beer, frequent trips to Starbucks, and rooting the Baylor Bears to victory.