About Attorney Joseph R. Morrison
Joseph R. Morrison, a Senior Associate Attorney, notably served as counsel of record in a Texas “Top 5” Premises Liability case, as recognized by VerdictSearch. Remarkably, this case involved litigation against Conagra Foods, a company with an impressive annual revenue of 7 billion dollars. With membership in both the Million and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums, Joe has been instrumental in helping numerous clients secure settlements amounting to millions of dollars. Accumulating 18 years of experience, Mr. Morrison has demonstrated his legal prowess in various cases.
Beginning with his educational background, Joseph obtained his undergraduate degree (B.B.A.) in Entrepreneurship from Baylor University. Being a third-generation Bear, he fully immersed himself in the university experience, participating in the Honors Program and becoming a member of Tau Kappa Epsilon. Impressively, he graduated in a swift three years, reflecting his dedication and academic prowess.
Continuing his educational journey, Mr. Morrison pursued his Juris Doctorate (J.D.) degree from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. Following the completion of his legal studies, he returned to Dallas to embark on his legal career, primarily focused on assisting disabled Texans in obtaining Social Security Disability benefits.
However, Joseph’s passion eventually led him to shift his focus to representing injured victims. Consequently, he became the founding partner of McKey, Morrison & Sanchez, P.C., a boutique litigation practice renowned for its extensive caseload under his diligent supervision. The firm gained recognition from VerdictSearch in 2012 for obtaining the 5th largest Premises Liability verdict in the State of Texas, specifically in the case of Jeffrey Young v. ConAgra Foods, Inc. Notably, Mr. Morrison’s expertise has been acknowledged in the ABA Journal, a testament to his prominence in the legal field.
During his leisure time, Joseph indulges in brewing craft beer, frequent trips to Starbucks, and passionately supports the Baylor Bears, fervently cheering them on to victory.
- Supreme Court of Texas (2005)
- State Bar of Texas (2005) Bar Card Number: 24049669
- United States District Court Northern District of Texas (2010)
- State Bar of Missouri (2015)
- Dallas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- Million and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums
Verdicts & Settlements
- Jeffrey Young v. ConAgra Foods, Inc.: 5th Largest Premises Liability Verdict of 2012 in State of Texas.
- John Douglas v. Cameron 1992, LTD. and Texas Blind Company, Inc.: Confidential Settlement More Than 20X Pre-Suit Offer.
- Caro Williams and Gertrude Sommers v. Jose Leos: Nearly $40,000 in Damages Awarded (Soft Tissue Injuries).
- Minor Passenger v. Car Driver: Motor Vehicle Accident, Personal Injury, Negligent Tort $2,050,000.00. This personal injury case was the 4th largest car accident settlement of 2019 in Texas according to Verdict Search.
- BBA Entrepreneurship: Baylor University (2001)
- Juris Doctorate: University of Arkansas School of Law (2004)
GET A FREE CONSULTATION NOW