Use this table of content to easily navigate this page.
You Can Trust Our Attorneys to Fight for Your Rights in Dallas Rideshare Accident Injury Claims
Shane and his staff were AMAZING! I had a Lyft accident a year ago while I was pregnant and they were very helpful and checked in on my children and I even after the settlement had been handled. Thank you Mullen & Mullen Law Firm for all of your help. May God continue to bless you all! Take care xoxo. -Tajae Short
About Dallas Rideshare Accident Cases
Regardless if you are a passenger or driver, Uber and/or Lyft doesn’t want to pay for your injuries… But our experienced and proven Dallas rideshare accident attorneys will get you the money you deserve! We’ve represented numerous drivers and passengers injured in Uber & Lyft accidents in Dallas who were not at fault.
Attention Rideshare Drivers: We understand that you face an increased risk of being involved in a car wreck, given the nature of your work. You deserve fair representation and compensation if injured.
What should you do if hurt in an Uber or Lyft rideshare accident in Dallas?
You can try making a claim with the rideshare company’s or at-fault driver’s insurance carrier. However, insurance companies have billions of dollars and aren’t interested in helping you out. In fact, they strive to do the opposite. They’ll try very hard not to pay you a dime. If they do have to compensate you they want it to be as small a sum as possible.
You’ll most likely need help from an experienced Dallas rideshare accident attorney who can take on a billion-dollar corporation and the high-powered lawyers they employ. You don’t want just any lawyer you find though. Experience, skill, and proven success will make a huge difference in whether you win your rideshare accident injury case and for how much.
About Accidents Involving Uber Drivers
Can you sue if injured in an Uber accident in Dallas?
Collecting compensation for your injuries and damages from Uber won’t be easy.
Uber isn’t publicly traded yet (although they probably will be soon). But they still have many private investors who want to see a strong bottom line.
If Uber pays out large amounts in rideshare accident claims, that reduces their bottom line. So, it doesn’t make any sense for them to make that process easy. Like most large companies, they’ll do what they can to avoid paying.
Uber drivers are not considered employees. They are independent contractors. Uber knows this and uses it to their advantage. In 2013, an Uber driver in San Francisco hit and killed 6-year-old Sofia Liu. Though using the Uber app when the unfortunate rideshare accident happened, the driver was technically between fares. Uber ended up settling the lawsuit for an undisclosed amount about six months later.
To complicate the liability of Uber’s drivers, personal insurance policies often exclude accidents that happen at work. So, the rideshare driver’s personal auto insurance carrier may try to deny coverage.
How do you get insurance coverage if injured in an Uber accident?
You may have read about Uber’s $1 million insurance policy they give to all of their drivers. Whether that policy applies depends on the details of the accident.
Here’s some clarification:
- If an Uber driver is driving for personal reasons, but not to pick up passengers, he or she is covered by their personal policy. Texas state law and their individual policy limits apply.
- An Uber Driver makes themselves available to pick up passengers, but they’re not carrying a passenger during the crash. In this case, again the driver’s policy and Texas state law apply. However, Uber gives all its drivers additional liability coverage of $50,000 per injury (up to $100,000 total) and up to $25,000 in property damage. But, the driver must request it, and it only takes effect if the driver’s personal policy doesn’t cover all damages.
- Finally, assume the Uber driver is carrying a passenger they are transporting as a contracted ride-sharing service or is in route to pick up a passenger. In this case, Uber’s $1 million liability policy covers the driver and the passenger.
Since Uber claims their drivers are not employees, they can successfully avoid responsibility even if their driver is drunk, high, or distracted. To back their stance up, they require their drivers to sign an agreement stating that they will take on all responsibility when sued by a passenger or pedestrian and defend Uber from any liability. And then to make the matter even more confusing, states like California tend to classify Uber drivers as employees when rideshare accidents happen.
When you get hurt in an Uber accident, everyone points their finger at the other guy. No one wants to take responsibility.
About Accidents Involving Lyft Drivers in Dallas
Hurt in a Lyft accident in the Dallas area? Lyft doesn’t want to pay for your injuries… But our experienced and proven rideshare accident lawyers will win you the compensation you deserve!
How do you get insurance coverage if injured in a Lyft accident in Dallas?
The big problem that complicates rideshare accidents involving Lyft drivers is that their vehicles are not considered commercial vehicles. Their drivers don’t get a “livery” license like traditional taxi drivers do.
Lyft does insure their drivers. But if their driver doesn’t have a passenger, that insurance coverage may not actually take effect… And you can bet Lyft uses this complication to their advantage.
To top it off, Lyft is a $2.5 billion company. That means they have the money to hire the most talented lawyers in the country. Their sole goal is to pay you as little as possible (and hopefully nothing at all).
If you were involved in a Lyft accident in Dallas, you need the best rideshare injury lawyer you can find to represent your interests. And fortunately, you can hire the top one available because they only charge you a percentage of your final settlement value after your case wins.
What Will a Dallas Rideshare Lawyer Do for You if Injured in an Accident?
- We quickly file a third-party liability claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company and any applicable first-party claims with Uber or Lyft’s respective insurance carriers, such as PIP or UM/UIM.
- We help you obtain a loan against your settlement amount to cover immediate lost wages;
- We help you get medical treatment, equipment, and services under a letter of protection. You will not be billed until the conclusion of your rideshare accident case. This will allow you to focus on recovering from your injuries instead of worrying about how to pay for unexpected medical bills. Many facilities even offer transportation.
- We establish your lost wages and/or loss of earning capacity if those damages are applicable.
- We front the money necessary to hire experts to win your rideshare accident case or to develop damages if necessary.
- We submit a detailed settlement demand letter and passionately negotiate the highest financial recovery possible. We don’t hesitate to litigate if necessary but are able to resolve roughly 90% of personal injury cases without having to file a lawsuit. This will save you from increased attorney fees, increased case expenses, and months, maybe even years, of time.
Our Dallas rideshare accident attorneys are firmly committed to ensuring you know and understand your legal rights.
Mullen & Mullen Law Firm is a boutique personal injury law firm in Dallas that has been serving North Texas accident victims since 1982. We have a high rating on Google and rely on positive word of mouth, not television ads, to drive our family business.
- In 2019 we won the 4th largest car accident settlement in Texas at $2,050,000.00;
- Managing Attorney Shane Mullen was recognized by Thomson Reuters as a Texas Super Lawyer three consecutive years;
- Senior Associate Attorney Joseph Morrison was recognized by VerdictSearch for obtaining a Top 5 Texas Verdict (Premises Liability) in a case styled Jeffrey Young v. ConAgra Foods, Inc. and is a member of The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers;
- Founding Attorney Regis Mullen was formerly the litigation supervisor at a large national insurance company and is familiar with the tactics carriers use to delay and deny claims;
- Both Shane and Joseph are members of the Million & Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums;
- Our attorneys combined have 86 years of personal injury experience.
We would love the opportunity to visit with you about all the ways our Dallas rideshare attorneys can be of assistance. Contact us for a free consultation.
Should You Hire Just Any Dallas Rideshare Lawyer You Can Find?
You have a lot of money riding on your Dallas rideshare accident injury case. In fact, it may be the single largest payment you ever get.
You will want to find an attorney who will get you the most money possible for your injuries. Believe it or not, some lawyers might not be focused on your individual case – even though their compensation is directly tied to the amount you win.
- The heavy-advertising firms you hear on the radio, see on billboards, and experience on TV sometimes slam you through their process as fast as possible. They often deal with high volume… Quantity over quality is how they make their money.
- Larger law firms generally have a senior attorney supervise your Dallas rideshare accident case but a junior lawyer or paralegal will often do all the hands on work. The experienced attorneys sometimes don’t evaluate your Dallas rideshare accident case until the end of the process – when it’s too late to properly develop it. So, ask who does the real work and if they appear to be in a rush to process your claim.
Definitely don’t give in to any high-pressure sales pushes to sign now… And make sure you find the right fit before making your decision.
Why trust Mullen & Mullen’s Dallas rideshare accident attorneys?
At our law firm, we listen and care about every detail of your life following your rideshare accident. As a small boutique operation of three experienced attorneys, we give your case the individual attention it needs and deserves to maximize your final settlement value.
Our Dallas rideshare accident lawyers do all the real work themselves. We do not employ a single paralegal or junior attorney. That means the chances of winning your case, and the recovery amount, rise dramatically.
Take a minute to learn about our team’s skills and experience:
- Senior Managing Attorney Shane V. Mullen has obtained full policy limits for clients without even having to file a lawsuit. He often saves clients thousands and thousands of dollars in attorney fees and expenses this way. Recent victories include Robinson v. Howell ($1.1 million pre-suit settlement) and Foster v. Nelson ($1 million pre-suit settlement). He even very recently obtained full policy limits of $2,024,050.73 on a car accident case.
- Senior Associate Attorney Joseph R. Morrison won the fifth-largest premises liability verdict in Texas in 2012. The case was against a huge $11.6-billion company – ConAgra foods. So, he’s a fearless advocate to have on your side in the courtroom. And taking on Lyft doesn’t intimidate him.
- Founding Attorney Regis L. Mullen has 56 years of legal experience. He began his career working for the insurance companies. So, that means he now knows all their tricks and traps – and how to easily counter every one of them.
- Both Shane and Joseph are members of the Million & Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums.
- Our attorneys have 95 years of combined personal injury experience.
And when you call, you will talk directly to your lawyer. You won’t speak to a paralegal or secretary.
What makes Mullen & Mullen different from other Dallas rideshare accident attorneys?
Besides our skill, experience, and compassionate demeanor, you’ll also like the following about Mullen & Mullen Law Firm:
- You may not have to pay for your medical bills until after your claim settles. We get it – you don’t have the money to pay for all your outrageously expensive medical bills. You don’t need that stress in addition to your own recovery and a legal process. So, we have special partnerships with various medical institutions willing to delay the payment of your bills until after your claim settles. Don’t worry – your case can include compensation for past, present, and future medical bills.
- Lower legal expenses mean more money in your pocket. Most law firms subcontract their private investigator. However, we employ one. This means lower costs. And those savings get passed directly on to you.
- Occasionally available reduced fee discounts. We do run special promotions from time-to-time that result in a lower-than-normal fee. The standard fee runs 33.3% of your case’s final settlement value.
The longer you wait, the more evidence disappears. Memories change. Papers and information get lost. Witnesses pass away or move to unknown addresses. And the more skeptical opposing attorneys, juries, and judges become. The faster you act, the greater your chances of winning your Dallas rideshare accident case. And the more compensation you are likely to be awarded.
Consultations are Free. Talk to a Lawyer Today.
Call (214) 747-5240 for Help Now!
Mullen & Mullen Law Firm
1825 Market Center Blvd #200
Dallas, TX 75207
We will come to your home, office, or hospital room if it makes it easier on you!
No in-person meeting required. Virtual consultations and sign-ups are available.
Study suggests ridesharing increases traffic fatalities
Joseph R. Morrison is the Senior Associate Attorney at Mullen & Mullen Law Firm in Dallas, TX, where he represents people personally injured due to the negligence of others. He was recognized by VerdictSearch for obtaining a Top 5 Premises Liability verdict in the State of Texas, and has been quoted in the ABA Journal.