This settlement of $960,576.60 was for a client with a cervical herniated disc and TBI, caused by an auto accident in Live Oak, TX.
Our client was driving in Live Oak, TX when an inattentive commercial motorist failed to yield the right of way and violently collided with him. The Texas Peace Officer’s Crash Report placed 100% fault on the other driver.
This was a massive property damage wreck and our client had to be taken to the hospital via ambulance due to the nature of the injuries he sustained. Initial complaints at the emergency room were neck pain, back pain, and facial pain. Lacerations were noted to his left eyebrow and right temple on physical examination. When his pain did not resolve he was evaluated by a pain management doctor who subsequently referred him to a neurologist whose diagnoses included occipital neuralgia, diffuse TBI, and post-concussion syndrome.
A neurologist is a medical doctor with highly specialized training and education in the diagnosis of, treatment of, and management of disorders of the brain and nervous system. Neurologists routinely treat patients who have sustained concussions and other traumatic brain injuries.
Our client was also referred to a neurosurgeon who recommended cervical discectomy and fusion, as well as a lumbar laminectomy. In addition, the client was enrolled in a TBI recovery program that involved counseling, speech therapy, and other programs designed to help him recover from his head injuries.
Comments from Attorney Joseph Morrison: It was immediately apparent that this client had personal injury damages that were going to be well in excess of insurance policy limits. Our law office performed a very diligent search to identify all available sources of recovery and I was supremely focused on getting the applicable carriers to tender full remaining policy limits pre-suit. We also discounted his attorney fees. I sent a 51-page Stowers demand to the liability insurance company to make sure they knew just how serious we were about recovering every single dollar available for this client.
I obviously wish additional funds had been available but under the circumstances we obtained the best result possible while saving him over $80,000.00 with his discounted pre-suit contract compared to the industry standard fee of 33.3%. That is quite the savings and I am really glad he received those additional funds. At Mullen & Mullen, we always strive to obtain our clients the maximum available compensation, in the least amount of time possible, and at a discounted pre-suit fee. We always put our clients’ interests above our own in accordance with our ethical duties.
The policy limits settlement for this claim involving a cervical herniated disc and moderate TBI as a result of a car accident in Live Oak, TX was $960,576.60. Attorney fees were $240,138.15. Case expenses were $7,451.10. After paying medical providers and lienholders, the client’s net recovery was $544,000.00.
Request Your Free Consultation Now
Mullen & Mullen Law Firm
1825 Market Center Blvd #200
Dallas, TX 75207
Seriously Hurt? We’ll Come to You!
More Case Studies About Herniated Disc Settlements
- $625,000 settlement for back injury in Dallas, TX requiring surgery
- $580,000 settlement for herniated disc in Plano, TX requiring surgery
- $350,000 settlement for herniated disc in Dallas, TX for future medical expenses
- $151,944.50 settlement for herniated discs & concussion in Dallas, TX
- $112,500 settlement for herniated disc & concussion in Dallas, TX
- $100,007 settlement for herniated disc in Dallas, TX requiring injections
- $81,000 settlement for herniated disc in Arlington, TX
- $76,000 settlement for herniated disc in Frisco, TX
- $35,000 settlement for herniated disc in Irving, TX
- $30,000 settlement for herniated disc in Denton, TX
More Case Studies About Head Injury Settlements
- $280,000 policy limit settlement for concussion in The Colony, TX
- $202,501 settlement for Post-concussion syndrome in Plano, TX
- $100,000 settlement for concussion in Plano, TX fall accident
- $30,000 policy limit settlement for concussion in Cedar Hill, TX
Joseph R. Morrison is the Senior Associate Attorney at Mullen & Mullen Law Firm in Dallas, TX, where he represents people personally injured due to the negligence of others. He was recognized by VerdictSearch for obtaining a Top 5 Premises Liability verdict in the State of Texas, and has been quoted in the ABA Journal.