Topic: Filing a Xarelto Injury Claim
Our Dallas Xarelto lawyers will help you stand up to Johnson & Johnson and get the just compensation you may be entitled to.
Xarelto is marketed by Johnson & Johnson, a subsidiary of Janssen Pharmaceuticals, and is manufactured by Bayer.
Designed to treat and prevent blood clots, Xarelto (rivaroxaban) unfortunately sometimes does exactly the opposite. Instead, Xarelto can cause you to bleed internally, to the point where it’s fatal.
And if your loved one didn’t pay the ultimate price for using this drug, they may also have experienced one or more of these serious side-effects:
- Retinal hemorrhage
- Epidural hematoma (a traumatic brain injury)
- Pulmonary embolism (blockage of pulmonary arteries in your longs)
- Gastrointestinal hemorrhage
- Arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat)
- Adrenal bleeding
- Deep vein thrombosis (blood clots usually found in your legs)
- Adrenal bleeding
If you get even just a minor injury, like bumping your head, you could potentially experience fatal bleeding! You can learn more about Xarelto in this medication guide prepared by the FDA.
Hurt By Xarelto? What Can You Do?
When giant corporations like Johnson & Johnson decide to disregard how their actions affect you, what can you do? You feel so powerless, helpless, and hopeless. They have thousands of employees, billions of dollars, and high-powered attorneys ready to defend their position.
But you don’t want just any lawyer, you want the best.
Pay Nothing Unless You Win – Get Your Free Consultation Today!
At Mullen & Mullen, you only pay us when your case wins. Our Dallas Xarelto lawyers prepare your case like it’s going to trial, but 90% of all cases settle outside of court. It costs absolutely nothing to learn if your Xarelto case is one that can win in court. And you only pay our fee when you win.
Frequently Asked Questions About Xarelto Lawsuits – Straight Answers to Tough Questions
- What are Johnson & Johnson and Bayer Accused Of?
Quite a bit. Some of the allegations against these companies include:
- Failing to accurately warn consumers about Xarelto’s potential to cause uncontrollable bleeding
- Not telling doctors or patients about Xarelto’s lack of a reversal agent (a substance used to prevent severe hemorrhaging)
- Aggressively marketing this drug to doctors, despite awareness of its risks
- Selling Xarelto despite knowledge of its dangers as it was originally made
- After it was clear Xarelto did cause harm to patients, failing to provide warnings
- Why Are Xarelto’s Manufacturers Responsible for My Injuries?
All drug manufacturers have a legal responsibility to make sure their drugs are safe and reliable for consumer use. They took, and failed to take, reasonable action that would prevent harm to millions of consumers.
Had you or your doctor known of the risk of uncontrollable bleeding, do you think you would have taken this medication?
- Is Xarelto Still Available in the Market?
Yes it is. Despite many Xarelto lawsuits across the nation and this recent FDA decision, Xarelto continues to be sold in Europe and the US. Bayer and Johnson & Johnson make billions dollars off these sales each year.
Bayer also recently got a FDA warning for overstating the benefits of its contraceptive, Yaz. Janssen Pharmaceuticals, a Belgian division of J&J that markets Xarelto, is also currently under investigation for bribing pharmacists to sell other prescription drugs.
Both Bayer and J&J companies continue to persuade the FDA to approve Xarelto for ACS treatment, which would give them access to at least 1 million more patients.
- What Type of Compensation Can I Get for My Injuries?
We can’t guarantee a specific amount of compensation for any case. Legal ethics prevent us from doing so. However, depending on your individual circumstances, you may be able to collect compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Wrongful death of your loved one
- I’m Afraid to Sue – I Don’t Like to Get Involved in the Legal System – Do I Need to File a Xarelto Lawsuit?
You do not have a legal obligation to file a lawsuit. You only have to file one if you want to.
However, if this drug has harmed you, you may:
- Lose years of wages
- Have to pay for past, present, and future medical bills
This could total millions of dollars that someone has to pay, either you or these drug companies.
When someone else intentionally acts in an irresponsible way, should you have to take responsibility for their actions? The choice is ultimately yours. It is stressful, but our experience attorneys make it as easy as possible.
The following outlines the criteria for the Xarelto claims we accept. If any of the below applies to you, contact us now. If none of the below applies to you or your loved one, then your case would likely not be a good fit for a Xarelto lawsuit.
Our Dallas lawyers usually only accept Xarelto cases if your injury occurred while taking Xarelto or within 30 days after you stopped taking it.
If you took Xarelto for any length of time, even one day is enough AND you were diagnosed with at least one of the following injuries within 30 days of last use, then our office would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about your case and determine if you are a good candidate for a Xarelto claim.
Our Dallas Xarelto Attorney’s Criteria For Accepting a Case
You need to have sustained your injuries while taking Xarelto or within 30 days of last use, plus had any one or more of the following happen:
- Any kind of bleeding that resulted in Hospitalization or an ER visit.
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Bleeding from kidneys or other organs
- Bleeding that resulted in Stroke (Not TIAs)
- Bleeding that resulted in Death
If your case does not match the above criteria then our law firm will not be able to handle your Xarelto claim, but this is not to say your case lacks merit. In fact, we strongly advise you to obtain a 2nd and even 3rd legal opinion from other lawyers as quickly as possible to avoid having your claim barred due to the statute of limitations expiring. Other attorneys may screen claims differently and will provide you with their own advice and opinions.
If you believe you were harmed or injured while taking Xarelto, or a loved one died while using it, contact our Dallas Xarelto lawyers at (214) 747-5240 for a free consultation.